Welcome, Sushians, to the first Would You Rather of 2013! Actually, this is the first Would You Rather since Spring of 2012, which is a little insane to think about. How were you guys getting your fix of Sophie’s Choice style questions about video games without us? How?!
While you’re reeling over the awesomeness of finally getting a new Would You Rather, you should peruse some of these questions and write your own answers. These questions are inspired by some of the issues we’ve seen in games recently, from Sim City’s DRM to Tomb Raider’s updates and Gears of War Judgment’s lack of a horde mode. Feel free to make your answers as lengthy as you want. You’ll get extra points if you insult one of the other GS writers, too.
1. Would You rather get a free-to-play or heavily micro transaction-based sequel to a game that didn’t do well, or no sequel at all?
2. When a new developer takes over a franchise you love, would you rather they mix it up or keep things mostly the same?
3. Would you rather play a perfect, amazing game that had always-on DRM, or a buggy, almost-great game without one?
4. Would you rather pay for multiplayer and singleplayer experiences a la carte, or continue purchasing entire experiences the way you do now?
5. Would you rather go into a purchase completely blind (you’ve never read any previews, seen any screenshots, heard any secondhand experience whatsoever) or purchase a good game that’s been completely spoiled?
6. Would you rather have your mind erased to replay your favorite game of all time for the “first time” again, or play a new game that is good enough to be in your top 10 of all time?