Sweet, merciful heavens. Has it really been almost a year since our last Pop Quiz? My, how time flies. In my defense, the last Pop Quiz arrived about a week before my daughter did, so it’s interesting to note how little humans tend to disrupt things like, you know, writing features for a gaming site.
So, since it’s been a year since our last getting-to-know-you game, we wanted to ask some questions about the upcoming year, last year, and where your head is at as a gamer for the time being. While 2012 was certainly an interesting and fun year for gamers, 2013 looks to be no slouch, either. Already we’ve had Ni No Kuni and Devil May Cry making waves, and Dead Space 3 is just around the corner next week. Seems like we have a good opportunity here for some questions.
If you haven’t joined us for a Pop Quiz before, it’s simple. Just answer with as much or as little of an explanation as you like, and nobody will judge you. Too much. OK, scratch that, I’m always judging.
1. What would it take to make you consider purchasing a next gen console at launch?
2. Are you more excited about the prospect of a Steam box, or a new console?
3. Bioshock Infinite is not so much of a direct sequel as it is a spiritual successor, much the way Final Fantasy handles it sequels. Would you prefer more games like this, or do you prefer direct follow-ups?
4. Do game delays make you nervous or hopeful?
5. In recent years, what developer do you think is head and shoulders above the others?
6. What game from 2012 do you feel has been overhyped? What game has been underhyped?
7. Soapbox: What gaming issue has been on your mind lately?