Gaming Pop Quiz: Spring 2012 Edition
Did you know we haven’t done one of these pop quizzes since October? That’s half a year. My, how time flies. Things seemed so much simpler back then. There was no Mass Effect 3 debate to keep us up at night. We hadn’t yet played the likes of Arkham City, Skyrim or Uncharted 3. Final Fantasy XIII-2′s ending hadn’t shocked us. And Assassin’s Creed III hadn’t turned on the hype machine to its full effect.
So now here we stand, Spring 2012, and we’ve got a few months of quiet to look forward to while we catch up on gaming backlogs (The Witcher II and Kingdoms of Amalur for me), or enjoy some quality time with the games that currently tickle our fancy (Battlefield 3 and Mass Effect 3). All while we wait for Diablo 3, Borderlands 2 and then the eventual tidal wave that hits us at the end of the year. It’s an age-old cycle, but one that I sort of love.
In light of that, it’s time for a pop quiz. We wanted to ask you guys some questions that take more of a sit-back-and-reflect stance this time around. As always with our getting-to-know-you type games, feel free to answer with as much or as little as you like. Answer to the best of your ability. Go!
1. Do you consider games more of an art or more of a service?
2. If you could combine two genres and make one super genre, what would it be and why?
3. In the last 6 months, have more of your “wow” gaming experiences come from big budget titles, or smaller titles?
4. What do you love about role-playing games? If you don’t love role-playing games, what would it take?
5. What is the first thing that intrigues you about most games? What puts most games on your radar?
6. Would anti-used games measures deter you from purchasing future consoles?
7. Soapbox: What gaming issue has been on your mind most recently?