Man, even though we’re already over a full month into the year 2012, it still weirds me out to see the number written up there. Scandalous, almost. I don’t know if it’s because I’m old and full of rage when things change, or if that nerdy part of me feels like I should be in the future and my brain can’t reconcile the differences. Either way, 2012 is already shaping up to be a pretty fantastic year for games.
As such, we thought we would kick off the first Would You Rather for the year, one that will hopefully leave you all begging for mercy because of the difficult choices that await you. For the Would You Rather newbies out there, the game is easy: we ask and you dish out your response. Give as much or as little explanation as you want for your choices, but we all know that we like to see the reasoning behind the madness.
Don’t let your answers suck, though. I will personally come to your house and unleash a devastating Krav Maga attack on you. For real. OK go!
1. Would you rather a favorite developer re-visit a franchise you don’t love to try and fix it the second time around, or scrap it and jump to something new altogether?
2. Would you rather learn little bits and teases about an anticipated game, or get an info dump when the developer is finally ready to show the project off?
3. Would you rather have an Online Pass that controls multiplayer access or one that unlocks single-player content?
4. Would you rather see a beloved series end or get turned into an MMO?
5. Would you rather games get more expensive but have far more content, or get less expensive and have less content?
6. Would you rather experience your favorite game again for the first time or have HD remakes of all of your favorites?