Somehow, these new editions of Pop Quiz keep sneaking up on us. It feels like it wasn’t so long ago that we were talking about the dog days of gaming summer, looking forward to the Fall like seagulls swarming around a family having a potato chip fight. I don’t really know what the deal is with that analogy, but I think it sort of works.
Anyway, it’s officially Fall now, and the releases are rolling in. We’ve had Gears of War 3, Dark Souls, the Battlefield 3 Beta and soon Arkham City, Skyrim, Uncharted 3 and then some. It’s an exciting time to be a gamer, and one that I’m sure will produce a number of thought provoking responses from you all, our lovely Sushi-ans. This pop quiz is full of questions about the games we’ve already seen, candy and peril. Tread carefully.
As always with our getting-to-know-you type games, feel free to answer with as much or as little as you like. Answer to the best of your ability. Go!
1. If a game you’re anticipating has a lackluster beta, do you tend to give it the benefit of the doubt? Or will you move on and cancel your plans to buy it?
2. To what extent do your friends influence your gaming decisions? Do you buy games on the same platforms as them or do you wait to hear their recommendations?
3. If a major spoiler was released for a game you wanted to play, would that affect your purchase? If you’ve heard the spoiler I’m referring to with this question, please refrain from posting it!
4. Are there any games that have surprised you in the last month or so? This could be a good surprise or a bad surprise.
5. If a trilogy/series is wrapping up for good, do you prefer all questions to be answered, or are you happy with a bit of mystery?
6. Where do you like for a game to reside in terms of difficulty? Do you want it to be punishing, easy, etc? Does it change depending on the type of game?
7. Soapbox: What gaming issue has been on your mind most recently?