It’s time for another edition of your favorite game, Would You Rather. We know how much you like talking about yourselves and all, and that’s cool, because we like it, too.
Our last Would You Rather covered the beginning of 2011, looking forward to the year’s major releases. This edition is going to be the “developer dream job” version, tackling questions about the video game makers we know and love. Since many of you are aspiring video game developers, we thought it would be appropriate to see where your tendencies lie as potential future leaders in the industry.
For the Would You Rather newbies out there, the game is easy: we ask and you dish out your response. Give as much or as little explanation as you want for your choices, but we all know that we like to see the reasoning behind the madness.
Don’t let your answers suck, though. There’s a special blacklist going around on our site for sucky comments. Let’s just say those people get fed to the Sarlacc Nick keeps in his closet. And that thing is hungry. So yeah. Answer well. Go!
1. Would you rather have your favorite developer start a new franchise, or continue working on a franchise that already has lots of sequels?
2. Would you rather have Japanese devs try to make a Western game, or a Western dev take a stab at a typically Japanese genre?
3. Would you rather a developer listen to feedback or follow their vision?
4. Would you rather push for a multiplayer component on a game your developing, or focus on single player at the cost of sales?
5. Would you rather develop games for the PC or console?
6. Would you rather work for a developer that has consistent success but only makes sequels, or a developer that has a new, interesting IP but is more of a risk financially?