The Gaming Pop Quiz is back! Last time, we did a pre-summer edition to start the lazy sunny days off right, and now we return in anticipation of the gaming to come. Seriously, I can barely contain myself for Halo: Reach. It’s weird, because while I don’t really consider myself a Halo fanatic, few games make me more excited than the Halo games do. There’s some kind of mystique around the whole event that really gets me going.
Anyway, because I have nothing better to do than to clear out my backlog and play the incredible Tomb Raider: Guardian of Light (seriously, go play this), I come bearing a few questions for you dudes to answer. As always with our getting-to-know-you type games, feel free to answer with as much or as little as you like. Obviously, some of these things you might not remember, but answer to the best of your ability. Go!
1. What game always seems to elude you on your backlog?
2. What game mechanic do you think is underutilized (cover systems, destructible environments)?
3. If you could turn a portable game into a full-fledged console game, which one and why? And vice versa.
4. Would anything make you consider boycotting a game?
5. What game would immediately inspire you to upgrade to spend money on a new PC/console?
6. What do you feel like you’re still waiting to do in a game that you’ve never done before?
7. What game changed the way you view video games?