It’s been some time since we’ve done the Would You Rather game here at GamerSushi, so I thought it would be best to unveil one, this time with a theme: Role Playing Games! We’ll probably do one of these for different genres in the next few weeks, and I’m particularly excited about some of the answers you guys will no doubt unleash upon us.
In Would You Rather, I simply ask a series of questions, and you follow up with your answers. Give as much or as little explanation as you want for your choices, but we all know that we like to see the reasoning behind the madness.
Don’t let your answers suck, though. Your punishment will be to sit and watch Anthony play through each Final Fantasy game. He’ll do it, too, just to be a stickler.
For an RPG, Would you rather…
1. Have random encounters or see the enemies before you fight them?
2. Play a shooter with RPG elements (Mass Effect 2), or an RPG with shooter elements (Mass Effect)?
3. Listen to dubbed English voiceover or have the option to listen to the original Japanese in a JRPG?
4. Play a game with turn-based combat, or real-time combat?
5. Experience a linear story or an open world?
6. Create your own character and personalize the stats, or follow a more traditional JRPG level-up system with preset classes?
7. Have the game be set in a faux Medieval period (Fable II, Oblivion) or a sci-fi/futuristic setting (Final Fantasy 13, Mass Effect)?