Wow, it’s been quite a while since we’ve been graced with the presence of a Would You Rather. In fact, nearly half a year! So, before the salvo of new Fall titles drop, let’s give it another shot.
In Would You Rather, I simply ask a series of questions, and you follow up with your answers. Give as much or as little explanation as you want for your choices, but we all know that we like to see the reasoning behind the madness.
Don’t let your answers suck, though. You will be excommunicated and labeled with some kind of vulgar name. Believe it.
Would you rather…
1. Play an RPG with light stats and customization, or a deep RPG with lots of elements you can tweak and change to suit your style?
2. Buy games the way we do now, or see portions of games split up to lower the price (ie: just buying multiplayer or a single player campaign)?
3. Play a free MMO with little to no end game content, or one with a monthly subscription fee and max level content?
4. Have an open world game that sacrifices graphics for a neat mechanic, or one that just looks very pretty, but has an awesome story?
5. Play a game with an immersive HUD (a la Dead Space) or a standard HUD (a la Halo)?
6. Fight computer controlled AI enemies with a group of friends, or human enemies with a group of strangers?
7. Visit a video game show like PAX or TGS and sample all of the new un-released games, or spend one-on-one time with a developer and see just one game?