Dead Rising 2 Trailer

28 Apr 2009 | Posted by

Well, the long wait is over for actual video footage from Dead Rising 2 with this brand new trailer. It features the new character as well as a variety of new weapons. I for one am particularly excited for the paddle with the chainsaws attached, or the motorcycle with the same previously mentioned chainsaws. Kind of awesome.

Kotaku also has a write-up of some demo footage that they saw, including the mention of up to 7,000 zombies at a time. Pretty crazy. Who else is pumped?

10 Comments »

• Mitch said:

Moose attack!!!

Oh man, that’s awesome. Did you see the propane tank with nails in it, so when it explodes, nails come out?

DR2 has me seriously pumped. Blue Castle games is right across the water from me, so I might go stalk their offices. Well, maybe.

• Cossack69 said:

I never played DR1, but I think I’ll get DR2. I mean, who doesn’t want a Darth Maul-esque dual-Chainsaw glaive, or a chainsaw chariot?

• Muaddib said:

That was awesome, might wait to see the reviews though cause the first one did not turn out that great apparently.

• wox42 said:

Seven. Thousand. Zombies. It’s not that I don’t believe it, but the 360 has 512mb of RAM. So, even if the rest of the game used zero memory, that would only leave 73kb of memory for each zombie, which is plenty for a still entity, but…I guess I’m just hoping that the AI won’t suffer from the desire to get tons of zombies on-screen at once.
    P.S. – This just puts the nail in the coffin of the Wii version.

• SNOWMAN7 said:

A Leeroy Jenkins clip for the first “New hero” part would have been nice, haha.

Zombie games can’t be bad! Looks awsome. I like how he uses the dual chainsaw staff as like if it was made out of plastic.

• Sinister Minister said:

I don’t hate the Wii (rather, I like it), but whose idea was it to port Dead Rising to the Wii? Whoever did needs a demotion. Or a slap.

• SNOWMAN7 said:

Intresting. I Jus saw the trailer again on Google videos, and noticed the funny theater name on the “*Check* Music Lover” part.

“PAWNED”

• SkubaPatr0l said:

Darth Maul eat your heart out! Ha, oh… everyone else has made a joke like that :(

• Flying_Turkey said:

Wow he’s like MacGyver on crack… only better XD

• SNOWMAN7 said:

That “Handy man” part might be a hint…
    Maybe you can build you own weapons?