Curious about how many copies of CS:S that Valve has sold? I’ll bet you go to sleep thinking about it. Well, today’s your lucky day, since Valve has just released a list of their lifetime retail sales worldwide for popular titles like Half-Life, Counter Strike, The Orange Box, etc.
While this doesn’t show exactly how much money and mad cash they’ve made from all of these awesome games that they keep providing, it does display that they sell quite a large number of them. About 32.8 million games, actually. That number is rather impressive. You know that’s more impressive, though? That number doesn’t include games bought on Steam. It also doesn’t include Left 4 Dead. So, uh. Add a lot more to it.
Check out a list of totally interesting numbers after the jump.
- Half-Life: 1.1 million units
- Counter-Strike: 4.2 million units
- Counter-Strike Condition Zero: 2.9 million units
- Counter-Strike Source: 2.1 million units
- Half-Life 2: 6.5 million units
- Half-Life 2 Episode One: 1.4 million units
- The Orange Box: 3 million units
Like I said, that’s not including games sold via Steam, or Left 4 Dead, which is reported to be over 3 million units. It also doesn’t include some other titles like Opposing Force, etc. Most impressive.