There comes a time in every gaming community’s young life where its members sit around a campfire and share about their personal gaming preferences. Since we don’t have a fire, and I’m afraid of face-to-face interactions with other humans, I thought the interwebz would be a good place for us to share what we enjoy about gaming.
In “Would You Rather’, I simply ask a series of questions, and you follow up with your responses. Give as much or as little explanation as you want with your answers. Unless they suck. In that case, you’re cut from life.
Would you rather…
1. Play a 15 hour game with a great story and lots of replay value, or a 40 hour game with a great story and no replay value?
2. Wait longer (let’s say 12 months) for a great game from one of your favorite franchises, or get a good game now that had some bugs in it?
3. See your favorite gaming franchise try new and different things, or stick to the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” playbook?
4. Play an innovative platformer, or an innovative FPS?
5. Play an open world RPG, or an RPG with a linear path?
6. Get all of your games in one season, or see them spread out over the course of the year?
7. See the gaming industry move towards one universal console, or keep things the way they are now?