I used to try in vein to keep my PC up-to-date, but as those of you who are into this have already surmised, it is an expensive bit of business. Luckily, I play most games on consoles these days, though the dreaded Diablo III looms in the nether-distance in some far-off-but-maybe-close future.
For those of you dying to play Left 4 Dead on your PC in November, Valve has finally released the Left 4 Dead system requirements. Give it a browse and see if your specs match up.
- OS: Windows Vista, XP or 2000
- CPU: 3.0 GHz P4, Dual Core 2.0 or AMD64X2 (or higher)
- RAM: 1 GB for XP / 2GB for Vista
- Disc Drive: DVD-ROM Drive
- Hard Drive: At least 7.5 GB of free space
- Videa: Direct X 9 compatible video card (Video card must be 256 MB or more and should be a DirectX 9-compatible with support for pixel shader 2.0)
- Sound: Direct X9.0c compatible sound card
Not too bad, but that 7.5 GB install is mighty intimidating.
Personally, I’ll probably end up playing it on the 360, since most of the friends that I do my really intensive co-op gaming with are 360 gamers rather than PC gamers… Who knows, maybe I’ll get both, simply for the temptation of doing some machinima with the PC version.
So who’s going to be playing this game on PC, and who’s going to be playing it on XBox 360?
Source- HalfLife2.net Forums